Monday, May 17, 2010

Blizzard & R* Overload

So I get this email from Blizzard today...
Congratulations! You’ve been selected to participate in the beta test of StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™.

As a beta test participant, you’ll have the chance to experience the multiplayer game play of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and explore the social-networking, matchmaking, and other new features of the revamped Battle.net® online-gaming service. Throughout the StarCraft II beta, you’ll be able to take part in cooperative and competitive battles as the terrans, protoss, and zerg -- and at the same time, you’ll be helping us test the stability of the Battle.net service and fine-tune the game balance prior to launch. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and we’ll see you on Battle.net!
Woot now I think I am going to have to fix my PC so I can play me some Starcraft. I have always been a fan of blizzard since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans released back in '94. I followed the series of course all the way to World of Warcraft and what an amazing ride it has been. The lore in Blizzard games is fantastic and builds upon a world you could see existing several hundred years ago (IE Diablo) or several hundred years in the future (IE Stracraft).

Which brings me into another wonderful game developer Rockstar(R*). R* was put on the map back in '97 for a game called Grand Theft Auto in which players could kill/rob/steal from anyone they wanted. The game adapted very well over several platforms including the PC, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, XBox, & XBox 360. Now tomorrow (May 18th) will usher in a new era for R*, the wild west genre. How perfect is it to take a great genre like that and give a player the ability to do whatever they wanted? A great idea if you ask me.

The game is called Red Dead Redemption and was based on the popular XBox game Red Dead Revolver. I will be picking it up at GameStop tonight at one of the 3000 locations opened for Midnight Release. Wish me luck as I might not be able to make it into work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment