Friday, March 23, 2012

Viral Marketing - Prometheus


I'm not sure if any one out there that visits my blog has participated in any viral marketing campaign but if you haven't you really should give it a go. As you all know by now, I'm a gamer, and being a gamer it's nice to have some type of interactivity with movies as well, be it in a special features disc (Alien Anthology) or even a game demo (JJ Abrams' Star Trek). However viral marketing is a great way to get into a movie well before the film ever releases in theatres. Take The Dark Knight for example, I played the TDK viral campaign and not only did I get a t-shirt and other swag but I also received pre-screening tickets to see the IMAX version in Orlando.

Now the big viral marketing campaign that is out now would be Prometheus, the highly anticipated prequel to Ridley Scott's Alien. The campaign is in full swing and new hi-res images are being unlocked every day. I received my investor acceptance email a few days ago and all kinds of images and information about the movie were included.


Weyland Industries Investor Email

I highly suggest that you get involved in these types of ARG (Alternate Reality Gaming) because it truly does make the movie a more enjoyable experience. Go to Weyland Industries and sign up as an investor in the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment